There's been a lot going on here lately. We're finishing up this semester and we're anxious to find out what happens next. Unfortunately, Jimmy did not get into KU Med for next year. We were pretty sad about it for a few days, but we know that it will all work out. Right now we're working on secondary applications to osteopathic schools. Some of you might not know what they are (I sure didn't). Instead of getting an M.D. degree, you get a D.O. You still learn all the same things that medical students do, but they also bring in manipulations (like in chiropractic). Osteopathic medicine is more of a full-body treatment. After D.O. school you can still become any kind of doctor you like. Jimmy is still planning on being a general surgeon, but that could change. Jimmy applied to one M.D. school (KU Med) and five D.O. schools (in Kansas City, Des Moines, Chicago, Phoenix and Denver). We're still hoping for Kansas City, but it might be fun to live in a new state. I'm going to try to put up a poll soon so you guys can guess where Jimmy will go to osteopathic school.
I am kind of stressing about finding a job. I need to start looking harder. I've put in about five applications for public relations jobs in Kansas City. Now we're not sure if we will be staying there for long, so I might have to do an internship instead.

The other big news is that my parents are moving... to Fort Collins, Colorado! I am pretty excited actually. I've always liked Colorado and it will be fun to visit them there. We are sad that they are moving since we've always planned on going back. But my dad got a really great job offer as the general counsel for a company. He's very pleased and actually started his job this week. We're going to stay in my parents' house until it sells, so that will be fun! I love that house.
We lost our Frisbee game today, so it was our last one. We did really well in the tournament and got 3rd overall in our division (same as last fall). It was a fun season and we're glad we did this well. Some guy totally sliced my leg with his cleats though. Here's a photo:

6 comments:
Sorry about KU, I know you were really counting on that. But that would be fun if you guys decided to go to the DO school in Glendale. Then we'd be neighbors again!
Thanks for keeping us posted on the life and times of Jimmy and Natalie. It's fun to see what you are up to! I'm hoping for the best for you two!
Sorry about your leg. Hope it feels better soon.
sorry about the disappointment with KU.....but glad you have other optimistic options. Hope you had a great weekend!
Wow a lot of changes. I think you guys would have fun in a new state for a few years then you could always move back to Kansas after med school. Cool that you're parents are moving to Colorado, that's where I want to live.
yeah, Sophie Kinsella is one of my favorite writers. She is so funny. Sorry to hear about Jimmy not getting into KU. Med School is pretty tough! So your parents are moving to Colorado?? Thats so sad!! They have been in KC forever!
Fort Collins, huh? Isn't that where David and Jennifer are? How neat they'll be closer.
Good luck with job hunting and getting into schools!
Post a Comment