Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Joys of Being a Stay-at-home Mom

Being a stay-at-home mom is seriously the best job in the world. I remember people telling me that after a few weeks I would miss working and wish I had gone back. I have honestly not felt that way for even a second! I miss the people and the social interaction, but I've never wished to be anywhere else other than with my sweet Addie.

We are so fortunate that Addie is such a good baby. I'll blame my lack of posting lately on the fact that I enjoy every minute I get to spend with her. She has such a personality and makes us laugh every day. Lately she has been getting really excited when Jimmy gets home from rotations (by the way, third year of medical school is great! No homework and hardly any tests!). She smiles and crawls over to where he is. She knows and loves her dad. She is already so fast at crawling and she walks along furniture. It's only a matter of time before she starts walking.

One thing I love about staying at home is that I feel so much more productive. When I was working, that was pretty much all I did every day. Now I always tell Jimmy, "Guess what I did today! I worked out, washed dishes, went to the grocery store, did laundry, vacuumed, cooked, etc." (Keep in mind those things probably don't all happen on the same day, but occasionally they do!) I feel like a much better wife, haha. I really do admire women who are able to work and do a lot at home. But I feel like I take better care of my family since I have more time to devote to them. I honestly love my life!

Here are some random Addie pics from our phones:

Looking at herself in the mirror:


Swinging in the baby swing in our neighborhood:


My attempt at using the flip view camera on my phone:


Addie's new best friend, Uncle Ned. Everything really is bigger at Costco!


Addie fell asleep on a later afternoon walk:


Practicing squats:


Laughing on the couch:


Squash goatee:


Asleep at a friend's wedding:


And that's all! Can you see why I love staying home with this sweet girl?

5 comments:

Kendra Mitts said...

I am so jealous. I wish that I could stay home with Ginny. But hopefully, when I finish college and Stephen finishs college I will be able to. She's gotten so big already. Hopefully soon we will be up there to see everyone.

Cami and Juan said...

She looks like so much fun! It really is the best job, and I also was lucky to have a pretty chill first baby. Let's hope this next one is the same!

Amanda said...

Natalie, she is soooo cute and looks exactly like you!!

Jamie said...

I'm so glad to hear that's how you feel. There's times where I wonder how I'll feel when that time comes. I'm optimistic. Addie is darling.

whitney said...

yay! for loving life! There are definitely ups and downs to the whole SAHM thing, but it's so worth it :)