This is the Nauvoo, Illinois temple where Jimmy and I were married and sealed for time and all eternity. This has always been my favorite temple, but that may shortly change! I am sure the Kansas City temple is going to be just as beautiful!
Saturday, October 4, 2008
A Temple in Kansas City
President Thomas S. Monson announced this morning that there is going to be an LDS temple in the greater Kansas City area. I can't believe it! I started crying when he announced it. This is something the members have been praying for for a long time. The members there deserve this so much. The Church is much stronger than anyone knows. People can't believe it when I say we have seven stakes within the area. I am even more excited to move back there now. Many people wonder why we're so anxious to move back to Kansas. Most of this is because our families are there, but it really is just a great place to live. The people are kind, the Church is strong and the land is beautiful! I know that President Monson was inspired to build a temple there. The members will really appreciate this temple since it's been something they've worked toward for many years. It's going to be a very busy temple and I cannot wait to find out more about it. I love this Church and I'm so grateful for the efforts President Hinckley started to build temples throughout the world. I know President Monson is a true prophet and I'm grateful that he's continuing the efforts to build temples.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Your family was the first thing I thought of this morning when they made that announcement! How very exciting.
That's so exciting! I love new temple announcements. I told Juan I wanted to be at the Rome dedication, we'll start saving now. Ha ha I wish!
So exciting!☺
Love it!! I cant believe you've been married longer than a year! its insane. This year we lost all the Kansas City singles.. and they all married each other! ahah love it
Post a Comment