Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I Want to Ride My Bicycle

I had the worst bike ride of my life today. Don't worry, I didn't crash or anything. It was just FREEZING! So this morning it was 60 degrees and I thought it would be a great day to ride my bike. Yesterday it was 70 degrees and all the weather reports I checked looked clear. I rode to school and then to work at noon. Around 4 it started SNOWING. It's April 15. Seriously, it needs to stop. So after work I walked outside and it was really cold. I was wearing a jean shirt and chinos - not the warmest. The worst part was that I had no gloves. I got on the bike and felt the wind right away. It was snowing hard as I coasted down ninth east at full speed to get home as fast as I could. The snow was coming right at me and I couldn't even see in front of me. Every time I turned west, I felt like the wind was going to knock me over. It was scary! I kept laughing and smiling the whole way though, just to make myself feel better. I stopped at a red light and was blowing on my hands to warm them up (they were completely numb). However, the taste of soap from my recently-washed hands transferred to my mouth, making the ride even more enjoyable. I finally arrived at home and what happened, of course? It stopped snowing. Just my luck. Next time I am checking ALL the weather reports before I decide to bike to work.

No comments: