Friday, September 18, 2009

Twins in the Family, Crazy Kid Sayings

Like Amanda, I live vicariously through family and friends with kids since I don't have any yet.

Some of you may know that my sister Stephanie is pregnant with twins! We're so excited about it. She's having a baby boy AND a baby girl in the end of January. Yipee! I can't wait to take pictures of them.

So this is my sister who's 6 feet tall. With her first baby she wasn't showing for awhile because she's so tall and thin. She said she feels a lot bigger lately. But apparently she's not showing as much as she thinks.

Yesterday she went into a maternity store and this girl who worked there asked when she was due. She said "January" and I think the girl was due around the same time. Then she asked Stephanie what she's having and she replied "a boy and a girl." The girl's eyes just got huge. So Steph asked her what she was having and the girl said "just a boy." Then the rest of the time Steph was there shopping the girl was totally rude! I guess she was really offended that Steph was having twins and wasn't showing much. Can you believe that?

We love having so many nieces and nephews and are excited to have more! They say the funniest things. Last weekend we were hanging out with Jimmy's family and our niece Kaihli would not stop calling us "Uncle Natalie and Aunty Jimmy." Her mom accidentally said it once and then she just wouldn't quit.

On Labor Day I went boating with my friend Bryanna and her family. We were having a barbecue after and her 10-year-old nephew said the blessing on the food. In the prayer he said "and please bless the world to be happy." It was so cute, and apparently that's a common phrase in all his prayers which he came up with on his own. Then later he was freaking out about wanting a double burger while his mom insisted on a single. After he calmed down, he shook his head and said "gosh, kids these days" exactly how you would imagine an exasperated adult to say it.

I really hope that when we have kids we remember to write down all the funny things they say.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Glad to know I'm not the only one who does this haha! That's so exciting for your sister!! I think having a boy and a girl would be so much fun and so cool.

The Finlinsons said...

I joke with Tyson that I want to have twins. He thinks I'm crazy but has little fear since multiples doesn't run in either side of the family and chances are low to start with.

whitney said...

Feel free to live vicariously through my children...in fact, feel free to take one of 'em home with you anytime ;)

yay! for finding your blog, I hope you don't mind.